Kate Yetter made this beautiful card with an aged background made with gesso and paints. Instructions on how to achieve this look are below.
1. Emboss cardstock slightly smaller than the size of your card and glue to card front.
2. Paint background with gesso and various colored green paints.
3. Go over embossed areas with distress ink.
4. Wash the entire front with gesso leaving small amounts of color peeking through. Ink the edges with distress ink.
5. Stamp ‘Pocket Watch’ from Fine and Dandy stamp set and ‘Society Lady Bust’ from Society Lady stamp set onto white cardstock.
6. Color ‘Society Lady Bust’ with distress markers or markers of choice. Color in ‘Pocket Watch’ with distress inks. Cut out both images.
7. In the center, layer images on top of a die- cut Spellbinder’s motif (colored using the same technique as for the background) using pop-dots between each layer.