Cherry Nelson designed this beautiful card and is sharing how she made the printed ribbon that is wrapped around the card. Combining the Tea & Cake set with the Singing Birds, she came up with this cute design.
A Little Birdie Told Me by Cherry Nelson
You can stamp on all types of ribbon...I chose seam binding. Very easy to do ...and I think really adds more detail and ties a theme together. I also used the stamping on the ribbon as part of my sentiment.
1) To start...grab your ribbon pulling it taunt to get as flat a surface as possible. Than simply stamp your image or sentiment. I stamped every inch or so...just eyeing my spacing. I used Paper Trey Ink Hybrid Ink and it worked great.
2) I set my ribbon aside and started creating my card. I diecut a label shape and than stamped my frame from the singing birds set onto it.
3) I than stamped my title on the inside of the frame. It is easy to manipulate the stamp into an arch to fit inside the frame.
4) Next grab your cake and tea set and using the teacup images stamp several of them on scrap pattern papers and fussy cut them out. I also stamped one of the birds from the singing birds set and fussy cut it.
5) I then colored in some of the images ...the frames foliage, the little bird, and the teacups.
6) Next assemble your card using scraps and cover the cardstock with your papers.
7) I than stamped the tea kettle several times randomly at the bottom of the card creating a border and colored in the images.
8) Now..in order to wrap your card around totally I cut a small slit on the side of the card and pulled my ribbon through. I positioned the ribbon so that the Happy birthday wording showed (since it is essentially part of my sentiment). I then tied my bows to the side.
9) I than added crochet trimming to the bottom and added mini millinary flowers and stick pins to the ribbon.
10) Now for the fun part of assembling your little teacups to look like they are stacking on top of eachother....and add your little birdie to the top.
11) From there...I just added a bit more detail to the top of the card using banner stickers and mini hearts and paper clip and than I was done!